Arm Lifts (Brachioplasty) in Baton Rouge, LA
ENHANCE YOUR BODYSchedule A Consultation
Arm lift surgery reshapes the upper arms to produce more slender and toned contours.
Weight fluctuations and aging cause skin on the upper arms to stretch out and become loose. At the same time, fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise often accumulate.
Over time, these conditions can cause embarrassing arm flab to hang off the upper arms, causing many to feel self-conscious when wearing certain clothing.
Dr. Mary Ghere is a well-respected, board-certified plastic surgeon providing quality arm lifts, also known as brachioplasty, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Are You A Good Candidate for Brachioplasty?
You may be a good candidate for an arm lift if aging or weight loss has led to physical and emotional concerns, such as:
- Stubborn fat deposits on the upper arms
- Excess upper arm skin or loose underlying tissue
- Insecurity about the appearance of your arms in and out of clothes
Those who smoke or use nicotine of any kind will need to quit several weeks before your procedure to avoid serious complications during surgery and recovery, including poor incision healing and poor results.
What Are the Reasons to Get an Arm Lift?
The main reason to consider brachioplasty is to recontour the upper arms when they have developed loose skin and stubborn pockets of fat that contribute to a flabby appearance.
However, there are many benefits to undergoing an arm lift:
- Long-lasting results (barring significant weight fluctuations)
- Slimmer upper arms
- More youthful upper arm contours and improved definition
- Ability to wear short-sleeved, sleeveless, and strapless tops or dresses with confidence
As long as the patient maintains a healthy lifestyle, arm lift surgery results are generally permanent. However, your arms will continue to age naturally over time.
After undergoing arm lift surgery, patients often experience a boost in self-esteem, knowing that their arms are more slender, toned, and attractive.
How Is Brachioplasty Performed?
After an in-depth consultation with Dr. Ghere, including receiving instructions on preparing for brachioplasty and completing all pre-operative testing, surgery is scheduled.
- Anesthesia – Before surgery, general anesthesia (or IV sedation) will be administered to ensure your comfort during surgery.
- Making the incisions – Incision lengths and placement vary depending on the location, extent of excess skin removal needed, and techniques best suited to meet your needs. They are typically placed on the inside or back of the upper arm.
- Recontouring – Unwanted fat is removed with liposuction or excision, the underlying tissue is reshaped and tightened with internal sutures, and excess skin is removed and redraped over the new, improved arm contours.
- Closing the incisions – Incisions will be closed with absorbable sutures or stitches that are removed within two weeks after your arm lift.
Following surgery, you will likely experience mild pain and swelling and may be nauseous or dizzy from the lingering effects of anesthesia. You will need someone to drive you home and help you for the first 24 hours.
How Long Will Recovery Take After My Arm Lift?
The time it takes to recover from brachioplasty will vary, but downtime and limited use of your arms usually last about two weeks. Keep your arms elevated and restrict movements during this time.
While recovering, avoid strenuous activities, don’t drive or lift heavy objects and wear your compression garment for up to six weeks as instructed by Dr. Ghere. Following these directions will help minimize bruising and swelling while making your healing process easier.
It is essential to not smoke or use any nicotine products, including patches, during recovery, as doing so can lead to severe complications and may result in a thicker scar.
Can I combine an arm lift with other procedures?
Body sculpting procedures like liposuction are commonly combined with arm lift surgery and may even be part of a Mommy Makeover.
Will I have scars after my arm lift?
Scars will result from any surgical procedure but fade over time.
What is the cost of arm lift surgery in Baton Rouge, LA?
Your arm lift cost will vary depending on the techniques used, the degree of correction required, and fees charged by the anesthesiologist and operating room.
Dr. Ghere will provide you with an accurate cost quote at your consultation.
What are my non-surgical arm lift alternatives?
While some non-surgical fat-reducing and skin-tightening treatments are available, none can compare to the results brachioplasty can provide.
Schedule A Consultation
Have questions about the arm lift procedure?
Interested in Arm Lift Surgery in Baton Rouge, LA?Dr. Ghere is a board-certified plastic surgeon dedicated to providing top-quality surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments. Contact Dr. Ghere in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to schedule a brachioplasty consultation by calling (225) 412-4774.