Posted August 31, 2022 in Arm Lift Surgery
3 Minute Read:
There are certain areas of the body that tend to stand out in people’s mind when they think of plastic surgery: the face, breasts, and abdomen.
And while the face and body contouring procedures that address issues in these areas (whether it be sagging skin or the presence of excess pockets of fat) can give absolutely stunning results to transform the patient’s aesthetic, they are not the only areas that can benefit from a cosmetic procedure.
The upper arms tend to get overlooked surgery-wise even though they present some of the most significant cosmetic concerns that women and men face.
Arm lift surgery is just as transformative as any other plastic surgery procedure, whether performed by itself or in conjunction with another cosmetic procedure.
Here, we will be talking about what an arm lift is and why it may be so important to consider, especially when you are planning your body contouring goals.
What Is an Arm Lift?
Arm lift surgery (also known as a brachioplasty) is a cosmetic surgery that addresses issues in the upper arms.
When we see our favorite celebrities with toned and trimmed arms, we can feel discouraged, thinking that we would have to spend hours and hours in the gym doing bicep and tricep curls (among other lifts and exercises) to achieve arms like that.
And while an arm lift is not meant to replace any workout (in fact, exercise and weightlifting can help to maintain and prolong your arm surgery transformation), an arm lift can definitely help to give you the toned and sculpted appearance that you desire.
Arm lift procedure steps:
- For an arm lift, Dr. Ghere will make an incision along the inside or back of the arm.
- Depending on the extent of correction needed, this incision may extend anywhere between the armpit area and the elbow.
- After the incision is made, Dr. Ghere may use liposuction surgery to remove any excess fat in the area.
- Then, she will remove and/or reshape your arm tissue and then tighten the tissue with internal sutures so that it sits in a much more aesthetically pleasing manner.
- Lastly, the incisions will be closed, and you can begin your recovery process with your new, shapely arms.
Why Should I Have an Arm Lift?
Due to either age, lifestyle, or a combination of both, many men and women develop sagging skin on the underside of the upper arms. This is such a common occurrence that we have a term for this issue: “bat wings.” And the reality of these bat wings is that they severely distract from a person’s body image.
By undergoing arm lift surgery, you can get rid of this hanging skin, which not only can improve the appearance of your arms, but it can help to transform your entire appearance.
While having an arm lift by itself can allow you to have stunning results, combining your arm lift with other procedures can help you achieve a more complete improvement to your entire body aesthetic.
What Procedures Can I Combine With My Arm Lift?
Undergoing body contouring procedures can give you stunning results; however, if you only treat select areas, you run the risk of having an unbalanced appearance.
It’s true that some patients only have specific “trouble zones,” such as the abdomen, breasts, or upper arms; however, others deal with concerns in multiple areas.
It is the same as mowing only half your front yard: while the mowed half looks great, the un-mowed portion becomes a distraction to the entire lawn.
Some of the body contouring procedures that an arm lift combines well with include:
- Tummy tuck surgery, which tightens the abdominal muscles as well as gets rid of fat and sagging skin
- Liposuction surgery, which removes pockets of stubborn fat from various areas of the body
- Mommy Makeover surgery, which is a full combination procedure that adds breast augmentation surgery and/or breast lift surgery to your tummy tuck and liposuction
Interested in Learning More?
To learn more about the benefits of arm lift surgery, or if you have questions about any of our other procedures, please call Dr. Ghere at (225) 412-4774 or schedule a consultation with us online today!